Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Dead Wood, Spotlights and Fresh Opportunities



I have been very busy the last five months.  So busy that I have journaled very little and was beginning to feel drained physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.  Finally we got a chance to spend some undemanding time in the wilderness near the North Fork John Day River.

I went down to the river to get alone we God and to see what he might have to say to me.  It was late afternoon moving into evening and the sun was setting behind the pine covered hill across the river.  It didn’t set all at once but kept poking its rays out between the spires of evergreen…first here, then there, and farther and farther west.  Just before it disappeared altogether,
it was as if there was suddenly a spotlight on just me!  There seemed to be a significance to that and I wrote what I thought the spirit was saying…but it was a bit out there for me.

I stayed a little longer until the cold chased me back toward the coach.  On the way, as I came up the hill, the sun was still playing peek-a-boo and suddenly I saw a dead tree that looked like it had a spotlight on it.  It seemed too much of a coincidence and I was compelled to take a picture before continuing to the campsite.

When I got back to the coach and was looking more closely at the photograph, I was amazed.  As my gaze followed the dead trunk upward, suddenly there was large branch that had sprouted and was thriving near the top of the tree.  It spoke to me about new life, new goals, new dreams being birthed out of what seemed dead. 
Do you see what I saw?
I can hardly wait to see what God has in mind…What sort of harbinger was this spotlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment