Translate

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Dance!

While I was driving from Farson, WY to La Porte,CO, I was listening to music and a song by Mandisa came on.  I had heard this song many times, but this time, suddenly, a particular line struck me as important:  "When you get the chance to sit it out or dance...I hope you dance."


I think this was particularly meaningful, because Dave and I were considering some options that we have on the horizon and I could feel myself sort of pulling back and being unwilling to jump into the fray because I thought it would be too much work, too much drama, too much effort.  Yet as I listened to this phrase I realized that--if it was truly God bringing the opportunity--he could and would give me the energy, strength and grace to accomplish whatever his desired outcome was.

I was reminded of the whole scenario again after I got to LaPorte when one of my old students told me about her decision to come to the class vs staying home...even though it would have been easier for her--mentally, emotionally, and physically--to stay home, she chose to come and "dance."

What is it that you are facing?  Perhaps it is a goal where the progress has gotten slow or seems to have stop and you are tempted to give up.  Perhaps it is a looming opportunity that seems too big?  Perhaps it is a relationship that has become demanding?  Are you going to sit it out...or dance?

I hope you dance!

Click here to listen for yourself..

Click here to read all the lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment