Translate

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Where, Oh Where Did The Strege’s Disappear To?

It has been over 2 years since I have written. Oh my, a lot of water has roared under the bridge!

My mother contacted us first in August and then again in October 2016.  She asked us to come back to Colorado and help her with her smaller businesses and to assist in taking care of her and her personal affairs.  The opportunity was quite an emotional challenge for me personally because of how she had asked us to leave the ranch in 2015.  Nevertheless after prayer and encouragement from Dave, we decided to give it a go.

The mess that we found her affairs in was beyond anything we could have imagined.  Many of her rentals were not paying rent or were not paying a fair rate. The beef operation had 20 bulls ranging in age from weanlings to 4 years old (instead of being castrated yearly to make steers).  The person who was supposed to be farming the hay was cheating her on several fronts. The farm was pretty much trashed—literally.  Her health was weak with chronic pneumonia, hiatal hernia, and chronic urinary infections.  She was on over 2 dozen pills a day including multiple opioids and other pain medicines.  The people who were supposed to be taking care of her were reporting and being paid for 10 times the hours that they were actually working.   And on and on!

It took a lot of hard work and diligence to track down and fix all the loose ends and to encourage her to want to improve her health, but over these two years, Dave and I made huge improvements in her financial status and the state of her health...so much so that she has decided that she no longer needs or wants our help.  Pretty much no one agrees with her, but what she wants, she gets.

So Dave and I are prayerfully considering where the Lord wants us to go from here.  At this writing, we are in NM, caretaking a house for mom, but we do not expect this situation to be long-lasting so are preparing to do some traveling...and writing. 

In order to take a load off us physically and financially, we are preparing to sell the horses and the horse equipment.  Here are the links to the ads for the horses.  Please share freely and help me find the next homes for these awesome horses:


Angel



JoyFull

Treasure

This has been a difficult decision for me, but I’m finding them a distraction from what I really want to do which is develop a program to help horse loving ladies find freedom from fear and discover their life’s purpose and destiny.  It is called Mustang Heart and I have so much I want to share.  I am writing nearly everyday and I'm excited to share with you here and in a new blog connected to my new website.  The blog will be available first--no articles there yet but you can sign up for email  notices when I do post:  FreeYourMustangHeart.blogspot.com.

I have no doubt that horses will continue to be a part of my life, just not as an owner.  I will still be available for lessons and consultation but not as a Parelli professional (since I retired from Parelli at the end of 2017.)

“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 3:13-14 NIV



Looking forward to seeing many of you here and there around the country.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment