Translate

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Top 10 Reasons I'm Selling My Horses

JoyFull and Treasure at Soldier Creek Wilderness, NE

I have had many people lamenting my decision to sell my horses and wondering if I’m getting out of horses and horsemanship.  The short answer is “no.”  I’m only getting out of horse ownership.  I still have much horsemanship knowledge to share and teaching is a gift that gives me much joy.  There are many reasons, that I find it expedient to end horse ownership.

Here are my top 10 reasons:  





10-- It is not as fun as it used to be.
  9-- Time wise and physically,  it is difficult to care for and maintain the training of so many horses.
  8-- It hurts to ride.
        7-- In December 2019, we plan to go to Kenya again to finish building the greenhouse/hydroponic project we started in 2018. We will be gone 2-3 months.

         6-- It is difficult to find others who want and know how to care for horses when we are traveling.

         5-- We want to travel to remote places that do not accommodate the trailer and horses.
                                  
         4-- We are currently living off savings and a small social security, which though enough for a good while if we are frugal, will last much longer without the added expenses of the horses.
         
         3-- I want to return to school for life coaching certification.  Logistically and financially this is more feasible without the horses.
 
         2-- I want to spend more time writing and journaling and am finding the horses a distraction from this desire.

         1-- I want to spend more time studying God’s word and don’t want to split my time and attention with the horses in addition to my other responsibilities.

While I will no longer own horses, they will always be a part of my life and a big part of the new ministry focus, Mustang Heart.  Watch for more information in the future.  And watch for our travel announcements on Facebook.  When we are in your area, if you need or want some horse consultation or lessons, let me know.  (You know I'm going to need to smell a horse once in a while!) Thank you for all your concern.

Here are the links to the horses’ webpages on equine.com.  Please share freely and help me find great new homes for these lovely ladies.  Thank you very much!



 

Angel




JoyFull






 
Treasure




3 comments:

  1. Of course you really didn't owe anyone an explanation. Nice of you to explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your decision to make better use of your time,and you have such exciting things to look forward to. You can't go wrong devoting more time to God! We will keep you in our prayers. Thanks for the wonderful times together.

    ReplyDelete