Translate

Monday, November 16, 2015

A Strange Twist or Another God Thing?

Since we had not had any confirmation about me working at the Study Center in FL, Dave and I started investigating some winter alternatives before we arrived at Debbie Williams'.  Dave became very interested and excited about the possibility of spending the winter months of DEC and JAN in the Baja.  It was inexpensive, a new place, and most of all...warm.  But

there were a lot of issues to resolve, the first of which was what to do with the horses.  Although it was not that hard to get them into Mexico, bringing them back into the U.S. was more challenging because of the necessary quarantine time.

I struggled with this a lot.  Although I had been specifically praying for Dave that he would hear from God as far as making decisions in general and decisions about our course in particular, I kept feeling a lack of peace about it.  Perhaps it was because I felt like the horses were part of the reason we were on the road and that they were not only a part of my business, but also a part of our ministry.  They drew people to us either through Parelli or through their presence at campgrounds.

Since acquiring JoyFull I had felt that she was to be part of my life on an ongoing basis.   It has been a strange thing that since the Savvy Summit in CO in SEP and as I have been teaching lessons on this journey, I have had a renewed sense of my ability and need to deepen my relationship with her (and Treasure).  If we left them somewhere in the US, how could I make any progress with her?

I also was not keen on leaving them at a facility that I knew nothing about.  We considered taking them to southwest CO where they have a standing invitation at my brother's place north of  Cortez, but that would add thousands of miles.  We started checking Craig's List ads in the San Diego area, but most did not respond to our emails or were full.

I started praying that if God wanted us to pursue going to Baja, that he would make it clear by provide a place.  While we were staying at Debbie's, I made an offhand comment about the situation and she immediately said, "You could leave them here."  I was pretty much blown away...I had not considered that, but it made a lot of sense, since we like to come to this area to see Dave's family and there were work opportunities for me also.  But... I still had the other issues about leaving them.

I was thinking/praying about it again one morning, asking, in essence, how I could begin to act on the new belief about my ability and need to develop the deeper relationship with JoyFull if she stayed in Washington...I felt as if the Lord spoke directly to me:  Perhaps this break is designed to help me become who I need to become, FOR JoyFull...perhaps, the change will come through writing the book about Promise.  Maybe, having the break and coming back "a new person," will be "the difference that makes the difference."

Here are a couple of the thoughts I need/want to explore to make a difference with JoyFull:

1.  What is the difference between "make" and "being provocative?"   Is it just an attitude?
2.  What are some ways to be provocative with an LBE without using more physical force?   How do you get in their mind vs a LBI?  Is provocative play physical force?
3.  What does it really mean to "put your heart in your hand and touch the horse with your heart?"   How might this apply to an extrovert...or does it?

Yes,  we decided to leave the girls with Debbie for a couple of months.  She will be organizing lessons or clinics/camps for me when we return in FEB or MAR.  In the meantime, Dave and I are going to be traveling to Baja (if you are in CA and would like a lesson, let me know...lots of possibilities.)  Upon arriving in Baja, we will get busy with writing (Dave is working on his third and fourth books.  I will be working on mine.) and we hope to find an orphanage where we can spend Christmas...anyone have contacts like that there??

Never a dull moment with God leading the trail!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing! I love the update. I find God calling me to get out and play more with the horses (especially with patterns). Studying Psalm 46:10, I learned the Hebrew for "Be still" is literally to "let go". Once the horse (and I) let go of our expectations and just turn loose on the pattern, it's amazing the peace that comes with straightness. God's definitely teaching me a lesson there through His Word and my faithful four-legged friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, Thanks for your comment. What a great insight!

    ReplyDelete